NOTES ON COMIC 14
– “We have your back, man. Always.” Yes yup if you want to see me get sentimental and weepy allow me to talk to you about the stupid adamantium-strength friendships slowly building between these five dumb college hockey players.
– Back when I was starting CP! and thought it was going to be like, four comics long, I wasn’t thinking about how annoying it would be to have two characters whose names rhyme. *sighs* Shitty and Bitty??? Really??? What are you guys, dwarves??? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻.
– Speaking of things I didn’t think through when I was starting the comic: remember the first posts I ever made about CP? Waaay back when? (Don’t loiter.) I described Shitty as “best friend of bitty, loves romcoms, smokes so much fucking pot”. Yikes, was kinda groping for characterization there. At the beginning of this school year Shitty is definitely Jack’s best friend, and probably becomes Bitty’s closest friend after this comic. (Shitty is definitely a confidant for both Jack and Bitty.)
– Also, Holster’s obviously the one who likes romcoms. What was I even thinking???
– Comic 14 takes place right on the river (map) which is—OKAY more like a glorified stream at most places—but is the other cool geographical feature on Samwell’s campus. Other than being a lovely scenic route to class, it’s a great place for, say, a lovely morning run! Or maybe a romantic, lamp-lit evening walk? Or perhaps you and your best friend have a death wish and like waking up the geese under one of the bridges when you’re drunk on Saturday nights? Perhaps.
– That giant church-like building in the background is Founder’s, the main library (there are quite a few libraries) on Samwell’s campus. It is super-blatant ripoff of one of my favorite buildings in the world, Sterling Memorial Library. Founder’s is one of the places where the Boys meet up to study (or rather, disrupt the studying of other Wellies #Why-Everyone-At-Samwell-Hates-The-Hockey-Team) and it actually first made an appearance in Comic #6 – The Tale of the Hockey Prince where you can see The Pond, Lake Quad and Faber too. YOOOO certified crazy person running this webcomic.
“Bro. Like. You just made room in your brain about a fictional place and the fictional bros inhabiting it. Isn’t it weird how your brain indiscriminately wires those synaptic connections? Real or not? Bro!! Freaky, right? Truth is biological programming!…Hey, I’d really wish they’d bring the puck down the ice, I haven’t gotten to make a save in ages.”
Comics is hard work! If you’re not a broke college student like me and like CP! I’d really appreciate it! (It usually results in a little gift doodle? ~non-merchandise incentives.~)
And speaking of merchandise…I’m thinking pucks? Shirts? Stickers? Samwell penants?? Would people buy things? Life-sized Shitty body pillows with real ‘stache action?